Saturday, May 24, 2008

Boston Nightlife Needs Help

Recently I hit the town with some of my favorite girlfriends. We began our night at the Liberty Hotel's Alibi. While I usually love this trendy former prison turned swank hotel lounge, that night something was off. Maybe it was the fact that the doorman insisted he id-card everyone, and well to borrow a line from Cher Horowitz 'an I.D. doesn't really go with this outfit.' I turned my Louboutin around and returned with my proof of age -- moisturizer does a face well. Inside was utter chaos. The usually low-key, high fashion lounge was filled with loud ruffians dressed "trying" to impress.
After my cocktail (which now was made with an overload of minced mint--umm NO) and now with a headache from the overly crowded scene, the girls and I headed to "suppose hot spot" Saint. We headed downstairs to the lounge...You call this a lounge? It was basically a dressier college frat party. The once present couches were no more and people were packed in to a small dance area with one long bar. I was ready to call it a night, but didn't want to rain on the parade as one friend had taken to chatting up a decent looking Aussie. I made my way to the bar "a diet coke please" (why waste calories on such a night). It was right at that moment I felt a jirating thing against my leg - I had had a familiar experience with a friend's chihuahua, but surely no dogs were out at a club. Totally repulsed I turned to see the source of the leg-humping...ugh a greasy haired Boston-boy...listen guys, humping a girls leg is not considered dancing, and will only get you a diet coke to the face. Luckily for him I was thirsty but I did insist he go find another leg or pole to enjoy.
I had had enough. WHAT IS WITH BOSTON's LACK OF QUALITY NIGHTLIFE. Tip Boston, add more swank and lose the sleaze...oh and please bring back couches and bottle service, it keeps the freaks away.

Thank you xoxo Your Holly Golightly

No comments: